Announcing Kochava’s SKAdNetwork 4.0 support roadmap and more
As we wrap up 2022, the holidays are on everyone’s mind and freezing temperatures are ushering in the year-end code freeze.
In this final product update post for 2022, we will touch on the following:
- Announcing Kochava’s SKAdNetwork 4.0 support roadmap
- Measure your Criteo spend with Kochava Cost
- Miscellaneous platform updates
- New and updated partner integrations
Let’s unpack further details on each item below.
SKAdNetwork 4.0 support roadmap for Kochava
Here at Kochava, we’re excited to support the next generation of Apple’s SKAdNetwork. Due to the changes Apple introduced in v4.0, we sit at an opportune moment to reimagine and reinvigorate how advertisers integrate and capitalize on what SKAdNetwork has to offer. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to watch our webinar series on SKAdNetwork 4.0 featuring our CTO and Head of Product. The webinars cover key themes and concepts that will factor prominently into our support approach. You can access and watch both webinars on demand here.
Adoption curves of prior SKAdNetwork versions, particularly the roll-out of v2.0 and later v3.0, make it clear that it will take the key supply-side players more time to adapt and begin signing ads with 4.0. As the graph below illustrates, adoption typically takes between 4-6 months before we see critical mass.
Additionally, the lion’s share of all SKAdNetwork-attributed conversion volume sits among a handful of key players. See the graph below, which shows over 85% of all volume is shared among four major super publishers.
We are in constant communication with both our supply-side partners and demand-side clients. From our early conversations with these primary partners on their planned timing for beginning to sign ads with v4.0, we intend to stage our support rollout accordingly. This balances the need to observe how the industry is using these additional data points (e.g., how source ID is behind defined) with ensuring our clients have the opportunity to leverage SKAdNetwork v4.0 functionality at the earliest practical application.
Here are the key waypoints in Kochava’s planned support roadmap for SKAdNetwork 4.0:
- PHASE 1 – EARLY Q1 2023
- Update data ingestion to capture new v4.0-specific values (e.g., source identifier, coarse value [for early adopters using server-to-server (S2S) integration])
- PHASE 2 – Q1 2023
- Updated iOS SDK available for early developer access to plan implementation and perform testing
- PHASE 3 – May 2023
- Release of updated server-side controls to production
- Official release of iOS SDK for use in production
- New dashboard configuration controls for: conversion models, lock windows, coarse value mappings, etc.
- PHASE 4 – Remaining 2023
- Fast-follow enhancements
- Introduction of additional conversion models
- New analytics visualizations
- New iOS reporting layers
- Fast-follow enhancements
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter to stay in the know on important SKAdNetwork-related releases and updates.
Measure your Criteo spend with Kochava Cost
Kochava Cost has continued to expand its roster of supported partners since its release in Q1 2022. Criteo became the latest partner to be added in November.
Marketers running campaigns with Criteo can now measure and attribute conversions to those campaigns with Kochava and connect with Criteo’s cost API to pull in highly detailed spend data. This provides the most seamless data flow for calculating an accurate return on ad spend in one dashboard.
To leverage Kochava Cost for Criteo or many of the other supported partners, including Facebook, Google, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, Liftoff, Apple Search Ads, and more, reach out to your Client Success Manager or email Support@Kochava.com.
Miscellaneous platform updates
A number of updates and enhancements were deployed throughout the dashboard, including:
- Optimization of the Event Detail view within analytics to address occasional discrepancies between the figures in data visualizations versus analytics data exports.
- Updates to Kochava Audiences to refine how analytics event-based filters impact audiences that are saved or exported from analytics views.
- New exception handling for Snapchat’s audience API when logging in from Kochava Audience’s tool to authenticate an account for audience syndication and activation.
New partners and updated integrations
The Kochava Integrations team successfully processed 53 new partner integrations and deployed requested updates across a host of others. A highlight list is below.
New integrated partners:
- Acebo Technologies PVT LTD
- AD Media Network
- ADFLY Adnetwork
- ADSCIRCLE ADVERTISING AGENCY
- Adsclues Media
- AIDA Promotions
- Chinar Libertas
- Continuum Media
- Fizzylabs Corporation
- Flamingo Limited
- Horizon Ads Media
- hs enterprises
- Liftmyads Media
- MTD Technology
- S2i Digital Media
- Swirl Media Ltd
- Times Mobile
- Tricky Digital
- Two Trey BINOM
- Unico Tech
- UTM Digital
- Victory Mobile Affiliates
- Virgil Media
Integrated partner updates:
- BharatMetro Digital Services
- Bidroid Hub Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Checket Net
- Commission Factory
- Fizzylabs Corporation
- Iris Media
- Source Adz Media
- Thing or Two
- TikTok for Business
If you’re an ad network, demand-side platform, or other partner looking to integrate with Kochava, please contact Integrations@Kochava.com.
For a list of all integrated networks and publishers, click here.
Do you have any questions regarding these updates? Please contact your Client Success Manager or email email@example.com.
Stay up-to-date with the latest news by subscribing to our newsletter.